Waste and Recycling
Traffic and Transport
Dogs & Cats
Justice of the Peace
Planning an Event
Green Living Rebates
Cemeteries and Memorials
Due to wet weather, the road reseal works in North Brighton have been rescheduled. The affected areas include:
- Olive Street, North Brighton: from Quandong Street to Somers Street
- Day Street, North Brighton: from Somers Street to Francis Street
- Francis Street, North Brighton: from Day Street to McArthur Avenue
- Paterson Street, North Brighton: from Somers Street to Cecelia Street
Additionally, Railway Terrace, Hove and Caroona Ave, Hove have been included in the program.
The purpose of these proactive maintenance activities is to ensure the longevity and functionality of our road infrastructure. Council aims to address road failures, enhance the road surface, and renew line marking to contribute to safer and higher-quality local roads in our city.
Fulton Hogan Infrastructure Services has been contracted to conduct road resurfacing works. Notification Letter has been issued to affected residents and business owners.
The works are scheduled to commence on Monday, 27 November 2023, between 7am and 5pm, weather permitting, and are expected to be completed on Thursday, 30 November 2023.
During this period, road closures and detours will be in place to ensure the safety of workers and the public.
Residents and businesses are encouraged to contact the Site Supervisor or Traffic Controller on-site for assistance during the roadworks. Minor ancillary works will follow within the month but will not restrict driveway access.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these road works, please do not hesitate to contact Customer Services on 8229 9999.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Events - Temporary Road Closures
In Glenelg, from 6pm 31 December 2023 until 4am 1 January 2024:
- Augusta Street, Glenelg, between Colley Tce and Torrens Square
- Colley Terrace. Glenelg, between Anzac Highwaywy and Jetty Road, Glenelg
- Durham Street, Glenelg, between Dutton Lane and Jetty Road, Glenelg
- High St. Glenelg, between Moseley Street and Partridge Street
- Jetty Road. Glenelg, between Colley Terrace and Brighton Road
- Maxwell Terrace. Glenelg, between Brighton Road and Malcolm Street
- Moseley Street, Glenelg, between Jetty Road, Glenelg and Elizabeth Street
- Sussex Street, Glenelg between Anzac Highway and Jetty Road, Glenelg
In Brighton, from 7.30pm until 10.30pm on 31 December 2023:
- Beach Road Brighton, between the Esplanade and Elm Street
- Bindarra Road Brighton, between the Esplanade and Twining Lane
- Esplanade Brighton, between Dunluce Avenue and Cambridge Terrace
- Jetty Road, Brighton, between the Esplanade and Gurrs Road