Australia Day Awards
Recreation & Sport
Here you will find information about funding and grant opportunities available through the City of Holdfast Bay.
Community Donations Program
Our Community Donations Program strengthens the community through support for non-profit organisations, local community and sporting groups, and schools. Funding is awarded to initiatives that will make a positive contribution to the community and cultural life of the city.
Community Donations Program Categories:
- Community Recreation and Wellbeing Donations.
- Events and Festivals Donations.
- Arts and Cultural Donations.
Greening Our Community Grants
Greening Our Community grants up to $5000 are available to community groups to undertake environmentally themed projects that involve one or more of the following:
- native flora and fauna
- water conservation
- energy reduction or renewable energy
- waste reduction
- sustainable transport
- nature and sustainable living education
Grants submissions for 2022-2023 open 9am on Monday 30 May, closing at 5pm on Friday 8 July 2022.
Contact our Team Leader, Environment & Coast
Community Donations grant online forms
Contact the Community Development Coordinator
Community Chest Donations
Applications will be accepted throughout the year for Community Chest Donations of up to $1000. Community Chest Donations are small 'one off' payments to assist individuals and organisations within the Council area with costs associated with community development initiatives such as; small community events and projects that will have benefits to the surrounding community.
To apply please submit an online application via SmartyGrants that outlines the following criteria:
- The particulars of your community development initiative.
- The amount you are requesting and the total cost of the program.
- Your own contribution (financial and in-kind).
- Expected outcomes of your program or project.
- How you will acknowledge council's contribution.
Youth Achievement Sponsorship Program
The Youth Achievement Sponsorship Program recognises and encourages the achievements of young people in the community. We provide sponsorship for young people 21 years and under, who are representing their sport or cultural activity at State and/or National level.
To be eligible for sponsorship, applicants need to:
- Be a resident of the City of Holdfast Bay
- Be aged 21 or under at the time of the competition
- Be representing South Australia or Australia
- Be able to provide a letter/email of selection from the peak body or the association running the event.
- Have not received sponsorship from council in the current financial year unless the competition results in selection at a higher level e.g. State to National representation.
Applications will be accepted throughout the year, but are subject to budgetary limitations and available funds.
To apply for Youth Achievement Sponsorship funding please visit our online SmartyGrants portal to complete your application.
Heritage Fund Grants
The Heritage Fund Grants Scheme assists the owners of Local Heritage Places with conservation works.