The City of Holdfast Bay libraries hosts a range of events and programs throughout the year. They include creative, cultural, informative, and educational activities for all ages.
Children's programs and events
Wriggle `N` Rhyme
A fun 30-minute session involving rhymes, action songs, and music, suitable for babies aimed at 0 -2-year-olds. Bookings essential.
Wriggle 'n' Rhyme is held during school terms only finishing Week 8 in Term 4.
- 9.15am Tuesdays at Glenelg Library
- 9.15am Thursdays and Fridays at Brighton Library
A 30-minute session of action songs and rhymes is aimed at 2 & 3-year-olds. Bookings essential.
Pre-school Storytime is held during school terms only finishing Week 8 in Term 4.
- 10am Tuesdays at Glenelg Library.
- 10am Thursdays and Fridays at Brighton Library.
This 45-60 minute session is suitable for pre-school children aged 4 & 5 and includes stories, fingerplays, rhymes/poetry, felt board stories, puppets, songs, and crafts. Bookings essential.
Storytime is held during school terms only but finishes in Week 8 in Term 4.
- 11am Tuesdays at Glenelg Library.
- 11am Thursdays at Brighton Library.
Stay and Play
Stay and Play is a 45-minute session where you and your child/ren move through self-guided stations.
Aimed at 3-5-year-olds.
- 11am Fridays at Brighton Library.
- 11am Wednesdays at Glenelg Library.