Bay Discovery Centre
Aboriginal Culture & Heritage
Parks, Reserves and Beaches
History & Culture
Things to do
Glenelg to Seacliff Coastal Walk
Places to Visit
Getting Here & Around
You’ll find on this page:
The City of Holdfast Bay invites artists, designers, and creatives to register their interest in exhibiting their artworks or host a stall at ART at Partridge.
Emerging and established artists, designers, sculptors, and creatives are encouraged to complete an application form. Painting, printmaking, media, photography, ceramics, textile, and sculptural works are all eligible for selection.
We would also love to hear from Artists that would like to facilitate live demonstrations or host workshops throughout the event.
- ART at Partridge
Saturday 12 & Sunday 13 August 2023
11am - 4pm
- Applications close
5pm, Friday 30 June 2023
- Artist's notified
by Monday 10 July 2023
For more information, please contact the Arts & Culture Coordinator
If you are interested in exhibiting your artwork as part of ART at Partridge we would love to hear from you. This two-day SALA exhibition is a great way to showcase and sell your artwork. Applications are free and no commission fees will be charged for artwork exhibition sales.
- Applications close
5pm Friday 30 June 2023
- Artist's notified
By Monday 10 July 2023
- Delivery of artworks to Partridge House for exhibition
Thursday 10 August between 3pm – 5pm
Friday 11 August between 9am – 10.30am
- Collection of exhibition artworks from Partridge House
Sunday 13 August 2023 between 4pm – 5pm
Monday 14 August 2023 between 9am – 11am
Up to three entries will be accepted per artist.
Please note that your application does not secure you a place in the exhibition. All artists will be selected by a selection panel from the information provided within this application.
Artwork(s) can be original pieces created for this exhibition or existing pieces.
No commission fees will be charged for artwork exhibition sales, and applications are free.
All artworks will be judged on originality, theme, and creativity. This decision of the selection panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Digital images supplied of the artworks must be at least 1MB and no larger than 3MB. Remember the selection panel will be selected based on the image upload, so please ensure the image submitted is of high quality.
- Completed registration forms must be submitted along with uploaded images and artwork details by Friday 30 June 2023;
- Artists will be notified via email if their entries have been accepted for inclusion by Monday 10 July 2023;
- Artwork(s) can be original pieces created for this exhibition or existing pieces;
- Entry identification must be provided with uploaded images detailing title of work, medium, your name and price of work(s)
- The ART at Partridge Committee reserves the right to choose the artworks that will be displayed during the ART at Partridge exhibition;
- There are no artwork size restrictions; however we cannot guarantee that larger pieces will be accommodated.
- Every individual piece of artwork selected is deemed to be one entry and will not necessarily be hung next to other entries by the same artist;
- All artworks must be delivered to Partridge House on Thursday 10 August between 3pm – 5pm or Friday 11 August between 9am – 10.30am;
- Work must be dry, clean and supplied with suitable hanging hooks / wires attached for installation, if the work does not have suitable hanging hooks / wires attached the piece may be rejected.
- Artists are responsible for any potential health and safety issues related to the work and must advise the ART at Partridge Committee and venue of any potential issues or risks related to the public exhibition of the work;
- Artists must take responsibility for the transportation and delivery of their work;
- Artists who wish to document their work must do so before delivery;
- The curators of the exhibition will handle the artworks with care at all times to prevent damage;
- Artists must take responsibility for the insurance of their work for the duration of the exhibition and the City of Holdfast Bay and Partridge House take no responsibility if the artworks are lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed during the exhibition or hanging of works.
- The ART at Partridge Committee and City of Holdfast Bay’s decision is final;
- Exhibited artworks can be sold, should the artist wish and no commission will be charged for the sale of artworks from the exhibition;
- All sales enquires will be directed to the artist. The ART at Partridge Committee and Council will not be responsible for any sales negotiations or transaction of money for sales;
- The City of Holdfast Bay reserves the right to reproduce the work(s) or parts thereof for the purpose of publicity, critical review and archival reference;
- Any damage to the artwork however and whenever occurring (in transit, during set up or during the exhibition) shall be the sole responsibility of the artists. The Art at Partridge Committee and Partridge House will take every care with all entries but does not accept responsibility for damage or loss;
- Work cannot be removed before the end of the exhibition, 4pm, Sunday 13 August 2023;
- Works must be collected on Sunday 13 August between 4pm – 5pm or on Monday 14 August between 9am – 11am;
- The ART at Partridge Committee will dispose of any uncollected works after a period of 4 weeks of the completion of the exhibition.
If you are interested in hosting an arts stall as part of ART at Partridge we would love to hear from you. Spaces are available indoor for stallholders on either one or both days of the event.
Stallholder Applications close
5pm, Friday 30 June 2023
Monday 10 July 2023
Please note that your application does not secure you a stall and stallholders will be selected by a selection panel from the information provided within this application.
The cost to host a market stall is;
$40 per day or $60 for both days
If your application is successful the following cost will apply to cover the cost of securing a stall, you will also receive 1 x trestle table, 1 x chair for your stall set up.
Selection of applicants is based on the following criteria:
- Original artworks designed and created by the artists /designer
- A diverse range of artworks and art forms will create curiosity and appeal to a broad market audience
- Handcrafted, creative, and unique works that are not commercially available
- Quality products that reflect artistic innovation and demonstrate skill and creativity
- A quantity of work that will be available for purchase by the market audience
- No imports, reselling, commercial items or second-hand goods
- Ability to present goods appropriately and well in a market setting
By applying to be a stallholder in the ART at Partridge event, the Stallholder agrees to act in accordance with the following conditions.
Applications will be carefully considered against the selection criteria and the aims of the ART at Partridge selection panel. Applicants are not guaranteed acceptance as we have limited stalls available.
Stall allocation will be determined by the selection panel. We will try to accommodate location requests however this cannot be guaranteed. Stallholders are responsible for arranging their stall operations, including change, EFT facilities, wrapping, and carry bags for customer purchases. Stallholders are encouraged to set up and display their artworks creatively to enhance their product and contribute to the market aesthetic. Please be advised there is NO power available for the stalls.
Stalls cannot be sublet or shared without approval of the selection panel. Applications for shared stalls must list ALL names and contact details of applicants.
Please make sure that the description on your application is accurate and covers all works intended for sale. Product descriptions must cover the full range of works intended for sale. This is to maintain the balance of products available and protect the unique quality of products sold. Products/content should not be profane, racist, sexist or defamatory.
The stallholder fee needs to be paid prior to the event. Once an application has been deemed successful, a payment link will be sent through.
Stallholders will need to be on location from 9.30am. Stall holders can set up between 9.30am – 11am. Please arrive on site no later than 10am or you may lose your allocated site. Stalls must be set up and ready to sell by 11am. ART at Partridge will be open to the general public from 11am – 4pm on both days. Stallholders are not permitted to pack up prior to 4pm.
The City of Holdfast Bay reserves the right to cancel the event should there be a reasonable cause to do so. Times and dates are subject to change.
You will be provided with a stall site located within Partridge House, 1 x trestle table, and 1 x chair. All stall equipment including signage must be contained within the boundaries of your site, to ensure that your stall is non-obtrusive to other stallholders and leave public access clear at all times.
8. Environment & Waste
To reduce waste; stallholders are asked to consider using recycled and/or recyclable packaging. Stallholders are expected to clean up after themselves and ensure their site is left in good condition. Stallholders are required to remove all waste at the end of the day.
9. Promotion & Publicity
Any promotion of the ART at Partridge will be conducted by the City of Holdfast Bay, your assistance in channeling any comment to media through Council to ensure consistency will be appreciated. The City of Holdfast Bay reserves the right to photograph the stalls and stallholders and document the project for unlimited use in publications promoting the city