We invite you to share your view on the draft Open Space and Public Realm Strategy.
Following engagement with the community in March/April, a revised and consolidated strategy has been drafted and is now available for your feedback from Wednesday 11 July to 5pm Tuesday 31 July 2018.
The engagement responses largely confirmed the directions of the 2012 strategy and the guidance it provides for the continued use, investment and management of our open space resources.
This updated strategy
- acknowledges the importance of the beach and coastal open space
- emphasises the importance of quality public open space for community benefit
- recognises the need to create additional/innovative types of open space distributed throughout the council area for both passive enjoyment and active uses
- responds to the gaps identified by the community and other interested groups
- incorporates additional guidance for achieving a Holdfast style in our public areas.