Getting Here & Around
Places to Visit
Things to do
History & Culture
Parks and Reserves
Aboriginal Culture & Heritage
Bay City Rolling
Daily Session times
- 9.30 am-10.15 am
- 10.45 am -11.30 am
- 12.00 pm-12.45 am
- 1.15 pm - 2.00 pm
- 2.30 pm - 3.15 pm
- 3.45 pm - 4.30 pm
- 5.00 pm - 5.45 pm
- 6.15 pm - 7.00 pm
- 7.30 pm - 8.15 pm (Fridays and Saturdays are Roller Disco sessions)
Roller Disco - Fridays and Saturdays only
- 7.30 pm - 8.15 pm
- 8.45 pm - 9.45 pm
Bay City Rolling is a new event debuting in Glenelg. Strap on your skates and roll under an open marquee with views of the beach. A great affordable family experience for all ages with lots of activities, Bay City Rolling is another great reason to head down to the Bay.
We recommend purchasing tickets in advance via baycityrolling.com, 9 am Wednesday 9 September.
If sessions have not sold out, tickets will be available to purchase at the rink in Moseley Square for the following prices.
- Adult $20
- Child (2 to 14) $15
- Family (2 adults and 2 children or 1 Adult and 3 Children) $50
- Roller disco (per person) $25
Absolutely. You can wear your own roller skates but there is no discount to the standard ticket price. Only roller skates can be worn – roller blades are not permitted.
The roller skating rink is 460m2 and it is located in a 900m2 undercover but open marquee, to let the sea breeze drift through.
There will be a maximum number of 150 skaters per session to ensure there’s lots of space to physically distance.
By public transport
Catch the City-Glenelg tram, which stops right in Moseley Square, in front of the ice rink. Alternatively, catch one of the several buses that stop in Moseley Street, right next to Moseley Square (J1, 110, 600, 265, 190, 135 and 167 buses).
By car - Free parking options
Park for free at Glenelg Oval (on non-match days) and catch the tram, free, to Moseley Square and back.
Park free on Anzac Highway (centre strip) and walk to Moseley Square.
Two hours of free parking is available at the Partridge Street car park.
Seek a free 2P or 3P parking space in Glenelg’s side streets.
To see the full range of parking options available in Glenelg, visit jettyroadglenelg.com.au/parking
By car - Paid parking options
Park in a ticketed outdoor space in Dunbar Tce, Elizabeth St or Colley Tce; or undercover in the Beachouse or The Grand car parks.
Ride your bicycle safely along the Mike Turtur Bikeway, stretching all the way from the city to Glenelg.
A range of measures have been put in place to create a COVID-safe event, including:
- Certified COVID Marshals on duty at all times.
- Huge rink with reduced capacity each session to ensure there’s lots of space to physically distance.
- Undercover but open marquee to let the sea breeze drift through.
- Contact tracing in place through pre-sold tickets and the recording of all skaters’ and visitors’ contact details.
- Longer times allocated between sessions for thorough cleaning of all skates, safety equipment and touch surfaces.
- Cleverly designed entry and exit points to keep people separated and enable safe social distancing.
- No cash ticket sales.
- COVID-19 safety signage will be on display and hand sanitizer will be readily available for all patrons and staff.
- Staff wellbeing checks.
- Voluntary temperature checks.