Skip to main content

The Olives

5 Olive Street, Glenelg SA, Australia

The Olives was built by Architect Edmund Wright in 1867 for his brother Edward and is the oldest surviving mansion in Glenelg.

The Olives


It had 18 rooms including a coach house and stable and sat on 14 acres of land. The front entrance was in High Street and the back entrance was from Partridge Street along what is now Maturin Road. Major subdivision of the property occurred in the 1930s. For many years, it was used as a reception centre known as Russell Court during which time the home was largely modified internally. Over the last 25 years, The Olives has been lovingly restored by its owners.

Historical Places Nearby