Getting Here & Around
Places to Visit
Things to do
History & Culture
Parks, Reserves and Beaches
Aboriginal Culture & Heritage
Glenelg to Seacliff Coastal Walk
The City of Holdfast Bay offers a range of opportunities for artists, creatives, and performers living and working in our city. Whether you are emerging or professional there are many ways artists can be supported in their creative practice.
Creative Holdfast Workshop Facilitators - Call Out
The City of Holdfast Bay values the opportunity to connect people through creativity and provide workshops to encourage people to learn new skills, expand their thinking, or tap into their creative side. If you are interested in facilitating a creative workshop, we would like to hear your ideas.
Patritti Brighton Jetty Sculptures - Call out to Artists!
Artists are now invited to submit their entries to be part of the Patritti Brighton Jetty Sculpture event at Brighton in January 2022.
Local regional, interstate, and international artists are encouraged to submit entries for both indoor or outdoor sculptures for consideration.
To find out more information and submit an entry visit the Brighton Jetty Sculptures Website
Entries close 5pm, Friday 31 October 2021
Join the Creative Holdfast Artist Register to receive information about creative opportunities, events, and our Creative Holdfast Newsletter.
How can we help?
Are you holding your own arts or cultural workshop, exhibition, performance, or event in the City of Holdfast Bay?
We have a role in celebrating our community and its creativity and want to help promote the art and cultural activities and events in Holdfast Bay. If you have something coming up please get in touch to let us know, ‘What’s On’ and we will endeavour to help promote your creative initiative or event via our Creative Holdfast Newsletter or our Creative Holdfast Program.
Stay tuned for upcoming arts opportunities and information.
Arts and Culture / Public Art - Grants and Donations
The purpose of the Arts & Cultural Donations program is to support and provide opportunities for not-for-profit arts and cultural organisations, groups, collectives, and individuals to deliver innovative creative arts and cultural activities or works of art in the public realm.
This program aims to represent a broad range of art forms and activities that contribute to public spaces and/or promote cultural vitality, creativity, and connection within the city. The program also supports arts and cultural activities that encourage participation by people of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds.
The Arts & Cultural Donations program is divided into two categories;
- Arts & Cultural Development Projects
- Public Art Projects
Arts & Cultural Development Projects
Funding is for exhibitions, performances, multi-media projects, multicultural projects or programs, and arts initiatives that celebrate and contribute to a vibrant cultural, artistic and multicultural city.
How Much Can You Apply For?
Arts & Cultural Development Projects (up to $3,500)
You may apply for a donation of up to 70% of the total project cost to a maximum of $3,500 (plus GST where applicable).
Public Art Projects
Funding is for emerging or established artists to create public artworks within the city’s public spaces. Concepts can include but are not limited to sculptural works, paste-ups, multimedia projections, street performances, or murals. Artwork proposals can include temporary or permanent concepts.
How Much Can You Apply For?
Public Art Projects (up to $2,000)
You may apply for a donation of up to 100% of the total project cost to a maximum of $2,000 (plus GST where applicable).
The Arts Grants are open now and applications will close 5pm, Friday 8 October 2021.
If you want to talk through your ideas or check to see if your proposal is eligible please contact the Arts & Cultural Coordinator.
- You or your organisation must be a not-for-profit group, community group, or voluntary association that is located within the City of Holdfast Bay or whose service area covers the City of Holdfast Bay.
- You or your organisation must be established as a legally constituted incorporated organisation or be auspiced by an incorporated organisation that will receive the payment and be legally responsible for the administration of the donation.
- You or your organisation must have an Australian Business Number (ABN) or be prepared to fill out a ‘Statement by a Supplier’ declaration form from the Australian Taxation Office.
- You or your organisation must be able to show that the project has an identified benefit to the wider community and must be located within the Council area.
- You or your organisation must be able to demonstrate how the project aligns with the City of Holdfast Bay “Our Place” 2030 Strategic Plan.
- Programs, projects, or activities that have already commenced.
- Individuals/groups/organisations with outstanding Financial Project Reports from previous grant funding rounds.
- Projects that will take place outside of the City of Holdfast Bay Council boundary.
- Fundraising or sponsorship.
- Salaries or wages (professional services related to the project are acceptable).
- Interstate or overseas travel.
- Education fees or conference costs.
- Political purposes or lobby groups.
- Ongoing expenses including stationery and postage.
- Maintenance, repairs, or artwork changes that will be permanently part of the structure.
- A purpose where core funding rests with state or federal government.