- Planning and Development Overview
- Brighton Road Level Crossing Upgrade
The Patawalonga Lake system – locally nicknamed “The Pat” – is an artificial lagoon managed by the state government, and plays an important role in local flood prevention, storm water management and marine ecology.
Where “The Pat” meets St Vincent’s Gulf, a boat lock operates to maintain water levels within the system. This important facility is owned and managed by Council, and allows fishing and leisure boats to pass between the gulf and the sheltered marinas within.
Patawalonga Lake Emergencies
• Life threatening: 000 (all hours)
• Flood events (S.E.S): 132 500 (all hours)
• Environmental (E.P.A): (08) 8204 2004 (all hours)