About Council Meetings
Council Committees and Workshops
Council Meetings - Agenda, Reports and Minutes
Your Holdfast - Projects and new initiatives
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Latest Information
Council endorses financial support for the community
At a special meeting of Council last night (7 April), City of Holdfast Bay’s Elected Members endorsed a range of financial relief measures to support residents, businesses and sporting clubs who have been impacted by COVID-19.
The council meeting was conducted virtually for the first time, with Elected Members endorsing the following measures.
For all ratepayers:
- No fines or interest will be charged on rates until 31 August 2020.
- Ratepayers can arrange to pay their rates weekly, fortnightly or monthly, based on an amount that suits their budget.
- Ratepayers can postpone the fourth instalment of 2019/20 to 31 August 2020 without having to pay any interest.
- Ratepayers aged 60 and over who have a seniors’ card may be eligible to postpone their rates.
- Effective from 10 March 2020 until 31 August 2020, new fines and interest on outstanding rates will be waived to assist residents. External legal action and debt collection processes will also be suspended during this time.
- Ratepayers who may be experiencing financial difficulty due to loss of income are encouraged to contact the City of Holdfast Bay on 8229 9999 to discuss other support options to alleviate hardship.
Sports and community clubs:
- All lease costs for clubs using Council facilities will be waived between 1 April and 30 June 2020.
- Sporting clubs with loans will have their repayments deferred for six months.
- Commercial leaseholders of council buildings will have their fees waived for three months, from 1 April to 30 June 2020.
- Reserve hire charges, outdoor dining permits and encroachment fees will also be waived for three months from 1 April to 30 June 2020, with the option to extend for another three months if necessary.
- Fees for food inspection and auditing will be reduced by 25% for three months between 1 April to 30 June 2020, and extend for another three months if required.
Council also agreed to consider further relief measures as part of the 2020/21 Annual Business Plan.
Mayor Amanda Wilson said she was pleased these measures have been implemented.
“We are very aware of the difficulty and financial hardship many people in the community are facing as a direct impact of the COVID-19 public health crisis, so we are taking steps to ensure we continue to support our community,” she said.
“We have implemented these immediate extra measures to support our ratepayers and businesses during this difficult time and are working on a range of additional supports that we can provide to our community.
“As a council, we continue to be fully operational and despite having to close some facilities due to Federal Government restrictions we are still here for the community during this extraordinary and changeable time.
“We are working on new ways to deliver our services, particularly for our elderly and most vulnerable residents, and for all residents and business operators.
“Our customer service team is just a phone call away on 8229 9999.”
For more information on the City of Holdfast Bay’s response COVID-19, visit www.holdfast.sa.gov.au/covid19