Beach concerts at Glenelg this weekend
Two beach concerts will be held on Glenelg beach this weekend (13 and 14 February); the first major music events to be held at the Bay in a year.
The concerts have approved COVID Management Plans from SA Health with a range of measures in place to create a safe and enjoyable experience for concert attendees, and to manage an increase in people in the Glenelg precinct.
- Due to SA Health requirements, the Glenelg Jetty will be closed from 12 noon until approximately 10pm on Saturday 13 February and again between 1pm and 10pm on Sunday 14 February.
- Jimmy Melrose Park, Brian Nadilo Reserve and a section of the foreshore will be fenced off over the weekend but an uninterrupted pedestrian pathway will be maintained on the eastern side of the reserves.
- The Glenelg foreshore playground will remain open.
- Surf lifesaving patrols will be set up south of the jetty for the weekend, as indicated by the red and yellow flags on the sand, and beach-goers are recommended to access the beach south of the jetty.
- The Mix 102.3 Giant Wheel will be operating as normal and there’ll be signage to direct people who are attending the Moseley Beach Club.
The two beach concerts are being hosted by Zaccaria Concerts and Touring and all ticket holders should visit the Zaccaria website for further concert-specific information.