About Council Meetings
Council Committees and Workshops
Council Meetings - Agenda, Reports and Minutes
Your Holdfast - Projects and new initiatives
COVID-19 Rates Relief
We have implemented several immediate measures to ease the impact of the COVID-19 situation and resultant financial pressures on ratepayers:
- No fines or interest will be charged on rates until 31 August 2020.
- Ratepayers can postpone the fourth installment of 2019/2020 to 31 August 2020 without having to pay any fines or interest.
- Ratepayers can arrange to pay their rates weekly, fortnight or monthly, based on an amount that suits their budget by the 31 August 2020. Complete the payments plan form
- Ratepayers who may be experiencing financial difficulty due to loss of income are encouraged to complete the Hardship postponement form or contact City of Holdfast Bay on 8229 9999.
- Ratepayers aged 60 and over who have a seniors card may be eligible to postpone their rates. Complete the seniors postponement form.
- Effective from 10 March 2020 to 31 August 2020, new fines and interest on outstanding rates will be waived to assist ratepayers. External legal action and debt collection processes will also be suspended during this time.
The Local Government Act 1999 makes provision for Council to raise rate revenue in order to provide cost effective services to our community. All land within a Council area (except for land specifically exempt as prescribed in the Local Government Act 1999) is rateable. For further information on Council rates please refer to your rate notice, call our Rates Team on (08) 8229 9999 or download Council's Rating Policy.
Payment Options for Rates
Credit Card Payment may be made directly to The City of Holdfast Bay through our secure online payment service. We only accept Visa and MasterCard online. Please enter your customer reference number as located on the front of your notice.
Payments may be made by telephone or internet through your participating financial institution. Contact your financial institution to register, quoting biller code 10132 and the customer reference number which is located at the foot of your rate notice page.
Australia Post Counter and Phone Service
- Payment may be made at any Australia Post Office with Billpay facilities. The minimum amount payable is $50.00. Credit card payments may be made where available.
- Telephone payment may also be made through Australia Post Billpay service, please ring 131816. Follow the recorded directions, quoting Billpay code 0504 and the customer reference number which is located underneath the Billpay code on your rate notice.
Phone payment may be made via Customer Service Team on (08) 8229 9999
Cheque or Money Order should be made payable to the City of Holdfast Bay, crossed "Not Negotiable" and forwarded with the payment slip. For payment by Visa or MasterCard, please fill in the back of the payments slip. Payment slips should then be posted to:
City of Holdfast Bay
PO Box 19
BRIGHTON SA 5048
Receipts will only be issued if clearly requested. Post-dated cheques will not be accepted and returned to owner.
A Direct Debit application form allows the City of Holdfast Bay (User ID No. 401791) to directly debit your financial institution for payment of your Council rates from a savings or cheque account. This facility is not available for credit cards. This payment option is for quarterly installment deductions only.
Direct Debit Brochure and Form
Digital Rates Notices
Get your next rates notice delivered to your internet banking
The way you manage your bills has changed.
BPAY View send your bills and statements straight to the same online bank you use to pay them, saving your from shuffling paper.
With convenient email, SMS or bank message reminders and secure online or mobile access, BPAY View makes it easy to pay on time, every time. And BPAY View is easy on the environment.
Say goodbye to paper bills! Register for BPAY View and receive, pay and store your bills on your online banking.
3 simple steps:
- Log into your online banking account
- Look for the BPAY View or View Bills section
- Register your bills
Get your next rates notice delivered to your inbox.
Receiving your rates notices electronically will make it easier and more convenient for you to manage your payments, save paper and reduce waste.
You'll have your notice accessible on any electronic device (i.e. : phone, tablet, laptop or desktop) and at your fingertips whenever you are ready to pay your rates; anytime, anywhere, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Follow the 3 simple steps to set up EzyBill to receive your rates notices via email.
- Go on-line
- Create your account
- Register your property/s
Natural Resources Management Levy
The Natural Resources Management Levy is a State Tax and Council are required to collect the levy in our area on behalf of your regional Natural Resources Management Board.
Adelaide and Mount Lofty Ranges NRM Board (08) 8273 9100.
The Fees and Charges for 2018-19 have been adopted by Council and take effect from 1 July 2018.