How we are responding to COVID-19 (coronavirus)
Find out more
Skip to main content

We place an emphasis on resolving requests for service and general complaints as quickly as possible, however also acknowledge that from time to time, customers may be dissatisfied with how a service or project has been delivered. We encourage customers to advise us of things which have gone wrong so we can rectify matters where appropriate.

Please complete the General Complaints Form below or contact us

When we receive your complaint, we will arrange for the relevant manager to investigate your concerns. While most concerns can usually be resolved very quickly, there are times when they require a more detailed investigation. Normally you can expect acknowledgement of your complaint within 3 working days. We will investigate your complaint and advise you of the outcomes normally within 10 working days. If your complaint is not easily resolved or is of a serious nature it will be referred to the relevant General Manager.

When it is not possible to meet deadlines due to the nature of the investigation, you will be kept informed throughout the investigation.

If you are in doubt about how your complaint is being handled, please contact one of our friendly Customer Service Officers located at the Council Office or call (08) 8229 9999.

Request for Formal Review of a Council Decision

If you would like Council to formally review a decision of either Staff or Council, you are encouraged to make a written application to the Chief Executive Officer (this will enable you to clearly and concisely state your concerns). Your letter or email should include:

a statement clearly indicating that you would like the decision reviewed under Section 270 of the Local Government Act 1999;

details of the decision which you would like to have reviewed;

a statement outlining the reasons that you have requested the review; and

any other relevant information.

Staff are able to facilitate assistance for applicants where necessary to help prepare the letter/email, including the use of an interpreter, providing assistance for people with a disability, or referring applicants to an advocate.

Letters should be addressed to Chief Executive Officer, City of Holdfast Bay, PO Box 19, BRIGHTON SA 508 or email

ICAC Complaints

Suspected corruption, misconduct or maladministration in public administration can be reported to the Office for Public Integrity. The preferred mechanism for making complaints is via an Online website form. Alternatively, you can contact the agency as per details below.

Phone: (08) 8207 1777 or 1300 782 489 (for country callers)

Post: GPO Box 11066, ADELAIDE SA 5001

Street address: Level 1, 55 Currie Street, Adelaide, SA 5000.


Related Policies:

Customer Feedback and Complaints Policy

Internal Review of Council Decisions Policy

If you are dissatisfied with how we have delivered a service, program, or project; you don’t agree with a decision that has been made by Council or its staff; or you are unhappy with how a Staff member behaved whilst conducting their role please complete this form. if this is a service request to remove, replace, repair or reinstate Council facilities or amenities which have been damaged or appeal for information about a Council service, program or project.