Alwyndor - Aged Care
Grants and Donations
Recreation & Sport
Nominate for the 2021 Australia Day Awards
Do you know someone who makes your community a better place?
The Awards reward and recognise individuals and organisations that have made a noteworthy contribution during the current year, and/or give an outstanding service over a number of years, to a local community over and above normal employment duties. The Awards are proudly presented by the Australia Day Council of South Australia and administered by local councils.
Outstanding contribution and community service includes areas such as; education, health, fundraising, charitable and voluntary services, business, sport, arts, the environment, or any other area that contributes to the advancement and wellbeing of a community.
Citizen of the Year Award
To be eligible, the person must be an Australian Citizen, and has to have made a significant contribution during the previous year, or given outstanding service to the Holdfast Bay community over a number of years.
Young Citizen of the Year Award
To be eligible, the person must be an Australian Citizen, at least 16 years of age and must be 30 years of age or less (on 26 January 2021), have made a significant contribution during the previous year, or given outstanding service to the Holdfast Bay community over a number of years.
Event of the Year Award
The Community Event of the Year Award is presented to the person or group who has staged the most outstanding or beneficial local community event during the past year.
These Awards will be presented to the recipients at a public ceremony held on Australia Day at Glenelg.
Nominations will close in November 2020.
2020 Australia Day Award Winners
On 26 January 2020, at Council’s Australia Day Ceremony held at Glenelg, the Mayor announced the City of Holdfast Bay Australia Day award winners.
- Citizen of the Year – Ian Grant
- Young Citizen of the Year – Alex Miller
- Community Event of the Year – Glenelg Brass Band
- Community Recognition Award - Anthea Williams
- Community Recognition Award – JDRF South Australia One Walk
- Community Recognition Award – Be the One (Jonty Befield, Sam Patterson, Bryce Gassner, Sam Young, Alex Triplow & Austin Edwards)
- Local Hero Award – Barry Heffernan
- Local Hero Award - Brighton Surf Life Saving Female Boat Crew (Diane Donaldson, Katrina Meehan, Stephanie Wyatt, Dayna Blyth and Ken Screen)
Congratulations to all our Community Award winners.