Holdfast Bay Economic Profile
Procurements and Tenders
Permits and Applications
Green Business Awards
All Mobile Food Vendors (MFV) within Holdfast Bay must hold a current permit to sell food or beverages from a vehicle. These permits are issued by Council and we encourage vendors to apply online.
The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) below will assist Mobile Food Vendors, businesses, and residents to understand the guidelines and rules around mobile food vending in Holdfast Bay.
There are two types of permits available:
- Annual Event Mobile Food Vendor Permit
$230 (for trading at events only).
- Day Event Mobile Food Vendor
$155 (for trading at events only).
- City Mobile Food Vendor Permit
$217/month or $2170/year (for trading at events AND at designated areas in the Holdfast Bay area).
NOTE: The permit application form includes a map of all designated areas.
A Mobile Food Vending (MFV) business involves the sale of food or beverages from a vehicle.
The City of Holdfast Bay offers two types of permits:
• Annual Mobile Food Vendor Event Permit
For Mobile Food Vendors wishing to trade at an event either hosted by Council or hosted by a private event organiser.
• City Mobile Food Vendor Permit
For Mobile Food Vendors wishing to occupy one zone for a period of time. See the map on the Mobile Food Vendor application form for specific areas.
- Mobile food vendors who have notified in their garaged council area
- Fixed food business operators wanting to explore new opportunities
Yes. All Mobile Food Vendors require an Event Food Permit to trade at events in the City of Holdfast Bay.
No. Obtaining an Event Food Permit does not guarantee you the ability to trade at events. The allocation of MFVs to events is at the organiser’s discretion.
Applications can be made at any time throughout the year. Please note the following:
- Annual Event Food Permits will be charged for the full fee no matter when they apply. The Event Food Permit will be valid until the end of the financial year in which it was applied for.
- City Food Permits will be charged per month starting at the beginning of the month with no pro rata.
Mobile Food Vending Application Form
Please ensure you complete the form in its entirety and attach all required information. If an application is not complete it will not be processed.