Holdfast Bay Economic Profile
Procurements and Tenders
Permits and Applications
Green Business Awards
If you are a registered charity intending to hold a collection day on Jetty Road, Glenelg, please read the conditions below before completing online form
The Applicant must read and understand the following conditions:
1. Applicants must be employed, contracted by, or volunteering on behalf of a registered charity.
2. Applications for Badge Day Permits must be received by the Customer Experience Team 2 weeks in advance of the date/s requested.
3. The Applicant agrees to indemnify and to keep indemnified the Council, its servants, and agents, and each of them from and against all actions, costs, claims, damages, charges, and expenses whatsoever which may be brought or made or claimed against them or any of them arising out of or in relation to the Permit.
4. The Applicant shall take out and keep current a Public Liability Insurance policy in the name of the Permit Holder insuring the Permit Holder for a minimum of $20,000,000 (twenty million dollars) against all actions, costs, claims, damages, charges, and expenses whatsoever which may be brought or made or claimed against the Permit Holder in relation to the activity. This Permit will not be approved until proof of the Public Liability Insurance has been provided to Council for each badge day request.
5. Permits will only be granted for charities collecting one-off donations ( i.e. tin donation to receive a badge/sticker) not ongoing subscriptions ( i.e. $30 per month)
6. Upon approval a Badge Day Permit Letter will be issued to the applicant and must be available upon request for the duration of the collection period
7. The permit holder must ensure the charity is identifiable and all collectors have personal identification.
8. The permit holder must ensure all collections occur with the date/s prescribed in the permit letter and all collections take place at the location allocated on the permit letter.
9. Northern Side Collection permitted in front of Bouchee Walk, between 61-63 Jetty Road Glenelg (near Gloria Jeans Café)
10. Southern Side Collection permitted on the footpath in front of Chapel Plaza near 94 Jetty Road Glenelg (St Andrew’s by the Sea Church)
11. Trading Tables are only permitted out the front of St Andrew’s by the Sea Church (94 Jetty Road Glenelg). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 8295 1771. Then include a permission letter/email with this application.
12. The permit holder must not approach or engage in conversation with any bystanders, passers-by, or other persons in order to solicit donations. Persons must approach the donation point of their own accord.
13. This Permit will be revoked if the permit holder fails to comply with these conditions and further permit requests may be denied. This Permit is not transferable.