Southern Business Mentoring Program
Business Advice during COVID-19
Holdfast Bay Economic Profile
Procurements and Tenders
Business Permits and Applications
The City of Holdfast Bay is encouraging Retail, Hospitality and Service businesses across the city to get behind the 2021 Christmas Window Competition. The competition commences Monday 15 November to Friday 10 December 2021 and no entry form is required.
Simply send a photo of your window display and name of your store by texting to 0477 884 446. Judging will commence week beginning Monday 13 December.
Prizes to be won
- Feature in the City of Holdfast Bay's segment on South Aussie with Cosi (filmed early 2022)
- $300 retail specialist voucher
- $150 business mentoring voucher
- 5 x $75 Jetty Road Glenelg vouchers
Tips for Standing Out
Product placement - take the opportunity of seasonal promotions to integrate product placement into themed window displays
24/7 - Not everyone stops when your business does, ensure your front of house is catching the attention of foot traffic day and night
Inviting - Aim to connect your window theme to the inside of your business by connecting product and services with call to action messaging
Storytelling - If traditional Christmas themeing isn't your style, consider a beachy or Australiana theme
De-clutter - A window that is trying to be all things to all people will fall short of attracting interest from most consumers - less is often more
Element of surprise - Dare to be different - are your current or would=be consumers expecting the same old? Here's your chance to change it up
Terms & Conditions
- Open to retail, hospitality and services businesses located within the City of Holdfast Bay and who have an external window frontage to the street or mall
- Businesses operation within retail, hospitality and services industries will automatically be included, unless otherwise requested to be omitted for the competition
- Businesses are encouraged to send a photo and name of your business via text to 0477 884 446 to ensure your business is captured
- Free to enter and the City of Holdfast Bay is not responsible for any related costs associated with the purchase, loss or damage of decorations, props and associated window displays
- Competition commences Monday 15 November to Friday 10 December 2021. Judging will occur the week commencing Monday 13 December. Winners will be announced Monday 20 December and published on the City of Holdfast website and social media page.
- Judging will consist of two independent merchandising experts. The decision of the judging panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the panel's decision
- The City of Holdfast Bay reserves the right to exclude any business that has displayed material that is improper or has unlawfully set out to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition
- Winners will be notified at the conclusion of the judging and will be provided with a winner's decal to display
- The City of Holdfast Bay may photograph your business window as part of the competition promotion. In the event the photograph is to be used in promotional material to promote the city, the business will be contacted to seek consent for the release of content
- In the event the competition is varied or cancelled the City of Holdfast Bay not award any prizes or be responsible for any loss or costs incurred by the business in displaying decorations
- Any prizes awarded cannot be substituted for cash or other products and become the responsibility of the competition winning recipient and the corresponding prize agent
- Businesses participating who are employees, elected members, volunteers and their families of the City of Holdfast Bay or who are part of the Jetty Road Glenelg Mainstreet Committee are encouraged to participate, however will be ineligible to receive prizes.
Please contact Virginia Miller, Business Development Partner on 8229 9999 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.