For new buildings and renovations, you need to get Council approval.
Lodge a Development Application tells you which structures need approval, how you go about applying for approval, how to lodge your application, the process applications go through, how the decisions are made and, if you disagree with a decision, how you go about appealing it.
Information required with an application provides a handy checklist of essential information required by the Council when lodging an application.
The current Development Application fees can be viewed here: 2015-16 Development Application Fees(129 kb)
Useful information sheets
- Change in land use(303 kb)
- Demolishing a Building(321 kb)
- Development Assessment Process(405 kb)
- Fencing(372 kb)
- Home Activity(268 kb)
- Non-Complying Development(280 kb)
- Owner Builder Obligations(267 kb)
- Smoke Alarms(205 kb)
- Solar Panels(391 kb)
- Streetscape Design(415 kb)
- Residential Development Table