On this page you will find a range of opportunities to apply for Community Donations and Grants:
The purpose of the donations program is to strengthen the community through support for ‘not for profit’ organisations, local community groups, schools and local sporting groups to make a positive contribution to the community and cultural life of the city. The program aims to provide support to organisations and clubs through donations towards sustainable initiatives or activities that are beneficial to the community and which support the "Our Place" Community Plan.
Community Donations Program Categories:
- Community Recreation and Wellbeing Donations
- Events and Festivals Donations
- Arts and Cultural Donations
- Arts and Cultural Development Projects
- Public Arts and Cultural Projects- applications accepted throughout the year until funds are exhausted.
2017-2018 Community Donations Program
Applications for the 2017 - 2018 Community Donations Program will open on Monday 10 July and close on Friday 18 August 2017.
We will be holding a Community Donations and Greening Our Community Grants Information Session from 6-7pm on Wednesday 14 June 2017 at the Brighton Civic Centre. To register, please contact Melissa Priest on 8229 9999 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2016-2017 Successful Applicants
Click here for the list of the successful applicants under the 2016-2017 Community Donations Program.
If you would like any further information or to be notified when the 2017-2018 Community Donations are open, please contact Melissa Priest on 8229 9999 or email@example.com
Applications will also be accepted throughout the year for Community Chest Donations of up to $500 subject to budgetary limitations. Community Chest Donations are small 'one off' payments to assist organisations within the Council area with costs such as hire fees, small community events and other community development initiatives.
To apply please submit an application in writing clearly outlining the following:
- The particulars of your community development initiative
- The amount you are requesting and the total cost of the program
- Your own contribution (financial and in-kind)
- Expected outcomes of your program
- How you will acknowledge Council's contribution
Applications will be received throughout the year, but are subject to budgetary limitations. Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
The purpose of the Youth Achievement Sponsorship Program is to recognise and encourage the achievements of young people in the community. We acknowledge the importance of recognising and reinforcing positive youth role models and is proud to offer support to these individuals. The aim of the Youth Achievement Sponsorship Program is to provide sponsorship for State and/or Australian representation in sporting or cultural activities
To be eligible for sponsorship, applicants need to:
- Be a resident of the City of Holdfast Bay
- Be aged 21 or under at the time of the competition
- Be representing South Australia or Australia
- Be able to provide a letter of selection from the peak body or the association running the event.
- Have not received sponsorship from Council in the current financial year unless the Competition results in selection at a higher level e.g. State to National representation.
- If sponsorship has been received in a previous financial year, Council has been informed of the result and provided with a photo (unless negotiated prior).
Applications will be accepted throughout the year, but are subject to budgetary limitations and available funds.
To apply for the program please download the Youth Achievement Application Form(217 kb) and email to email@example.com
Please contact the Community and Youth Development Officer on 8229 9881 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Greening Our Community Grants
Since 2011-12 Greening Our Community grant of up to $5000 have been available to community groups to undertake environmentally themed projects which involve one or more of the following;
- biodiversity conservation
- water conservation
- energy reduction or renewable energy
- waste reduction
- educational programs focusing on sustainability themes
"Greening Our Community Grants are a great initiative which will assist students to learn the importance of living a greener lifestyle. The indigenous garden (partly funded through the grant) complements our frog pond, butterfly garden and other indigenous plantings and help students and the wider community to better appreciate our native flora."
- Wes Moyle, Seacliff Primary School.
2016-2017 Greening Our Community Grants - closed
Applications for the 2016 - 2017 Greening Our Community Grants Program are now closed.
Congratulations to the below community groups that received funding in 2016-17. We look forward to watching your projects grow!
|Marymount College||Indigenous Garden|
|Seacliff Primary School||Shelter for Outdoor learning|
|Glenelg Surf Lifesaving Club||Solar Panels|
|Brighton Secondary School||Sustainable Laneways|
|St Andrews by the Sea Uniting Church||Edible Courtyard Community Garden|
|Seacliff Community Recreation Association||Indigenous Garden|
|Glenelg Community Child Care Centre||Nature Play area|
|Holdfast Bay Community Centre||Supply and installation of LED lighting|
|Baden Patterson Kindergarten||Solar panels|
For more information on Greening Our Community grants please contact Shani Wood on 8229 9999 or via email email@example.com
The Heritage Fund Grants Scheme assists the owners of Local Heritage Places with conservation works. For further
information, please download the Heritage Fund Grant Application Form(380 kb). Enquiries can also be directed to Development Services on 8229 9950.
City of Holdfast Bay Shopfront Fund Grants Scheme assists the owners and/or tenants of buildings within the Jetty Road precinct to enhance their exterior appearances. Enquiries can initially be directed to Linda Johnson on (08) 8179 9505.
Shopfront grants(144 kb)