We are committed to providing an engaging, vibrant and interactive environment through art and culture. The city encourages cultural development through;
- public art and design to add vibrancy and enhance public space
- community arts and culture projects
- the support of youth arts programs and providing opportunities for the artistic development of the youth in our community
- festivals and events
Below are some of the programs and exhibitions to support and encourage cultural development.
- South Australian Living Artists SALA
- Random Acts of Art Program
- Fringe Festival Artworks and Performances
- The Brighton Jetty Classic Sculptures Festival
- Commissioning of artworks and sculptures throughout the city
- School Arts Projects
- Community Arts Programs and Projects
Register as an Artist
We would like to hear from creative people in the area. If you have skills in visual art, performing art, music, literature or any other form of art, please consider registering your details.
We invites artists to complete the registration form and submit by post.
Download Artist Registration Form(255 kb)
City of Holdfast Bay
PO Box 19
Brighton SA 5048
Tel: (08) 8229 9969
If you would like details on a particular artist within the area please contact Jenni on email@example.com
Artscape Corridor Master Plan
The Master Plan provides a detailed description and direction for the future integration of public art through the city, specifically focusing on the coastal edge, Jetty Road Glenelg and Jetty Road Brighton.
It generates ideas, maps opportunities, promotes innovation and encourages exceptional outcomes for integrated public art in Holdfast Bay.
The report provides a methodology to introduce public art that will delight and entertain, appealing to people in a variety of ways through the delivery of four typologies.
The typologies are:
- Random - a programme of curated events and interventions that are generally temporary, anonymous and quirky.
- Roam - a public artwork commissioning programme designed to maximise exposure and the impact of the artworks by making them non geographically specific.
- Event - a programme that encourages, promotes and supports the development of art exhibitions, events, creative celebrations, performances and commemorations.
- Infra-Art - seeks to promote the inclusion of experienced artists and designers whenever possible into the infrastructure projects to create urban realm projects that are of the highest design standards.
For further information please contact Community Development Officer, Jenni Reynolds on 8229 9969 or firstname.lastname@example.org