Australia Day Awards 2017
Each year, residents of Holdfast Bay, local community organisations, groups, sporting clubs and schools are invited to submit nominations for the Holdfast Bay Citizen, Young Citizen and Community Event of the Year Awards.
On Thursday 26 January 2017, at Council’s Australia Day Ceremony held at Glenelg, Mayor Patterson announced the City of Holdfast Bay Australia Day award winners. Mayor Patterson’s wife Tammy presented certificates and flowers to each of the worthy winners, of these prestigious awards.
2017 Australia Day Awards Winners
- Citizen of the Year – Sarah Tinney
- Young Citizen of the Year – Kyle Chalmers
- Community Event of the Year – Marilyn Jetty Swim
- Local Hero Award – Lily Franklin
- Community Recognition Award - Berenice Batten
- Community Recognition Award - Robert (Bob) Owen